B.C. secondary school students who are enrolled in Grade 10, 11 or 12 as of September 1, 2007, must complete Graduation Transitions. Graduation Transitions is intended to prepare students for a successful transition to life after secondary school. In order to meet this goal, Graduation Transitions encourages students to:
1. take ownership of their own health and learning
2. examine and demonstrate connections between their learning and their future
3. create a plan for their growth and development as skilled, healthy, knowledgeable, participating citizens
4. exhibit attributes of a model B.C. graduate
All B.C. secondary school students must demonstrate they have met the following requirements for:
1. Personal Health – maintain a personal health plan and participate in at least 150 minutes per week of moderate to vigorous physical activity.
2. Community Connections – participate in at least 30 hours of work experience and/or community service and describe what was learned.
3. Career and Life – complete a transition plan and present significant accomplishments.
This site contains three packages that you must complete to our satisfaction within the first semester of your grade 12 year. This information as well as other helpful resources are attached below. Students must complete all of the packages by November 16th 2018. Please keep in mind that physical activity hours and work/volunteer experience hours are hours completed in your grade 11 and 12 year only.
This graduation requirement is not graded but each package must be submitted to your advisor in the office by the due date. The advisor will review the package. If the criteria have not been met in the package, it will be returned to you. You must complete all of the criteria to our satisfaction on each package to receive a “Requirements Met” on your report card and transcript. Both PART 1 (www.myblueprint.com) and PART 2 ( Resume, Cover Letter, Etc…) and PART 3 ( Your Grad Exit Interview) must be completed to our satisfaction to meet this graduation requirement.
Final presentations will happen in March 2019.
Grad Transitions Advisors:
Last Names A-L: Mr. Hantke, Vice Principal
Last Names M-Z: Mr. Palichuk, Vice Principal
Below is Part 2 of the GRAD TRANSITIONS PACKAGE
You must complete each of the follow documents and hand in the Grad Transitions PART 2 package by Friday, Nov. 16th 2018.